FINANCE-FINA255 – Assignment 4 (Ch 7) Power Play Inc. has seen profits drop acutely

FINANCE-FINA255 – Assignment 4 (Ch 7) Power Play Inc. has seen profits drop acutely

FINANCE-FINA255 – Assignment 4 (Ch 7) Power Play Inc. has seen profits drop acutely

FINA255 – Assignment 4 (Ch 7)Power Play Inc. has seen profits drop acutely because of the economic downturn. To enhance profitability and to preserve cash, Power Play is considering shortening its credit period and eliminating its cash discount. Terms are currently 3/10, net 60 and would be changed to net 30. Currently, 60 percent of customers, on average, pay at the end of the credit period (60 days); the other 40 percent pay, on average, in 10 days and receive the discount. It is anticipated that under the new policy customers will pay, on average, in 30 days. At present, average monthly sales are $450,000, but they are expected to fall to $400,000 with the tightening of credit. Variable production costs are 78 percent, and bank financing is currently floating at 11 percent. Bad debt losses at 2 percent of sales are expected to drop to 1.75 percent of sales.b.What is the average accounts receivable balance under both policies? (Use 365 days in a year. Round the final answers to nearest whole dollar.) Present policy$ New policy$

 

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
FINANCE-FINA255 – Assignment 4 (Ch 7) Power Play Inc. has seen profits drop acutely
Just from $10/Page
Order Essay

CLICK TO ORDER A CUSTOM PAPER

We are the best paper help / essaytyper in the world

 

Order your essay today and save 30% with the discount code ESSAYHELP