Messiah College Children Song Lesson Plan
lesson plan on children’s song, I choose (Gathering Song, Main Song and Transition Song) this songs will be my plan, and the age group is 5-3 years old, Please use easy and simple language when writing the plan.
:Date to be presented:
Category/ Topic/ Theme:
Title of main song:
Name of movement activity:
Age of the students planned for:
1. Learning Objectives: Objectives must be observable and measurable: this means you can tell whether or not the child accomplishes them. If you begin the objective with the phrase “The child will…” or “The child will be able to…” and follow this with an action word, it might help you in writing your objectives. For example: “The child will be able to balance on one foot and hop with two feet.” “The child will be able to match his/her actions to the descriptive words (fast, slow, high, low).” “The child will participate in a group experience with other children.”
2. Props or visual aids: (used to introduce or accompany song and /or movement). Be creative. The Prop will help set the mood, heighten interest, and focus the group’s attention.
3. Activities/ Procedure: Make sure you include the words to all of the songs. If you know the tune of the
song please include it with the words.
A. Introduction: How will you gather the children? GATHERING SONG
B. Give a step-by-step description of how you would share your song and movement with young
children. This is where you let us know what your music circle is all about! Be specific in describing
how you will present the experience. MAIN SONG with MOVEMENT.
C. Closure: how are you going to end your song/movement and guide the children to their next activity.
4. Curriculum extensions: These extensions must be from curriculum areas other than music and
movement, examples: art, math, science, language and literature, large motor activities etc. Give at
least three extension ideas. Show EXAMPLES when presenting your activity.
5. State two open ended question!! Open ended question are to elicit conversations. No Yes/ N
6 .Helpful hints and guidance needs : What would you do include a child with special needs? State or identify the specific need and the modification?
7. Resources used—where did you find these ideas?